When IAC customers take part in our Arc Flash Studies program, an IAC specialist conducts a comprehensive overview of their facility’s entire power system, identifying areas where arc flash hazards are present. A customized safety program is then developed that is specific to their individual needs. Through this program, employees are trained, certified and informed of any arc flash hazards present in their facility. Benefits include improved safety, reduced downtime and important certifications.
In a safe production facility, leadership knows the answers to these questions:
- Where are the exact locations of all arc flash hazards?
- Do employees who work around live electrical components know current safety regulations and procedures?
- Are all power systems up to today’s certification standards?
A comprehensive Arc Flash Study performed by IAC’s Arc Flash Specialists will provide clear answers to these questions.
IAC’s Arc Flash Studies includes:
- Faithful model of the customer’s electrical system in the form of updated one-line drawings.
- Detailed arc flash analysis of all power systems.
- Short circuit and Protective Device Coordination studies.
- Recommendations on reducing risk in the facility.
- Protective device coordination improvement information.
- Mitigation solutions and recommendations on setting equipment.
- Labels for arc flash areas/incidents.
- Ongoing custom safety program that doubles as a safety policy.
- Permits and safety training for all contractors and employees who are required to work on live electrical units.
- Yearly facility inspection.
- Ongoing tracking of equipment.
The results from Arc Flash Studies are clear:
- Peace of mind: IAC customers will breathe easy knowing that all arc flash hazards have been identified and that their employees are informed on how to properly deal with them.
- Higher Performance: With IAC’s equipment setting and correction recommendations, equipment performs more efficiently, instantly decreasing the risk of arc flash hazards.
- Compliance: Our Arc Flash Studies program was developed to help IAC customers meet or exceed the requirements of CSA Z462, IEE-1584 and NFPA 70E regulations.
Interested in learning more about our Arc Flash Studies? Ask Anthony Douglas. He can be reached by phone at 901-334-4822 or via email at email@example.com.